Hi, this is Mr Bowman, named after Bowman field at Clemson University. His foster family loves Clemson and felt Bowman deserved that title of love. He is roughly 2 years old and looking for his forever home. He came to rescue with 45 of his brothers and sisters back in July.
Mr Bowman started out very scared and did not know anything about being a dog. Slowly, he has found his way and is ready for adoption. Because of the shaky start in his foster home, there are a few requirements.
1) He needs a home that has another cavalier or small dog - one that isn’t wild. If there is no other dog, then the human needs to be home most of the time - a person he can be attached to most o the time.
2) He is not very active but I think he might like walks or at least has a yard for him to run around (securely fenced).
3) He needs someone that is patient and willing to work with him. He has been doing great on potty training, hasn’t marked, and is no longer wearing a belly band. He is very talkative and wants to tell you about everything - time to eat, time to go out, the leaves are blowing, I smell what you are cooking….his “talking” is a lot.
4) His biggest fear is when people rush him or make quick movements. He will pancake. He needs someone who will be patient with him because it will take time for him to warm up to humans.
5) Knowledge of rescue dogs and their quirks. Remember, all rescue dogs come with baggage: some attaché case sized, some steamer trunk sized. They take time to get used to their surroundings and feel comfortable.
Now for the fun parts. Mr Bowman has learned about dog toys and treats and chew bones. He loves them all. Laying outside and watching the birds and butterflies is a favorite past time. Mr Bowman’s favorite thing to do is cuddle on the couch in the mornings and evenings while his foster family drinks coffee and watches the news. The rest of the day, he is out cold laying next to his foster siblings.
If you live within reasonable driving distance of Marietta, GA (~2 hours), and have the patience to give Bowman the time and space to assimilate into your home, please apply to adopt him. His foster knows him best and she will not adopt him to the wrong home. He deserves the very best.